Q A magnetic sensor will be damaged by excessive currentADo not exceed specification, permanent damage to the sensor may occur.
Q Why is a magnetic sensor damaged or malfunctioned?A1. For solid-state type sensors, polarity must also be observed. Connect brown wire to the positive ( + ) and the blue to the negative ( - ) of DC power source.
The black wire must connect to the load only. If the black wire is accidentally connected to the power source, permanent damage to the sensor may occur.
2. For solid-state type sensors,polarity must also be observed.
■ Connect brown wire to the positive ( + ) and the blue to the negative ( - ) of DC power source. The black wire must connect to the load only.■ If the black wire is accidentally connected to the power source, permanent damage to the snesor may occur.
3. An external protection circuit may be required if the magnetic sensor is used with inductive load, such as relay or solenoid.
■ For DC inductive load, attach an external diode parallel to the load.■ Use R-C circuit parallel with AC inductive load as illustrated below.
4. Keep sensors away from strong magnetic field to prevent malfunctions.
5. Reed sensors are without protection circuit.
When a reed sensor is used with a capacitive load or with more than 5 meters lead wire, the life of the contact will be shortened.Note: Please install a surge suppressor SR-1 within 1 meter or an inductor (560 ~ 1000 μH) in series of the sensor to prevent damage.
(especially when the switch is always ON)
Q LED indicator does not workAFor reed sensor type sensors, polarity must also be observed for the proper function of LED. Connect the brown wire in series with load to positive ( + ) and the blue wire to negative ( - ) of power source. If the polarity is reversed, reed sensor remain functional but LED will remain in " OFF " state.
Q A pressure sensor will be damaged by excessive currentA
When using a 2-wire type pressure sensor ( KP101 / 102 & KP10A / 10B ), please make sure it is connected to a DC power source and a proper resistance load. Otherwise excessive current will damage the sensor permanently.
Always connect the brown wire to the positive ( + ), blue wire to the negative ( - ).Permanent damages to the pressure sensor will occur if the connections are reversed.
Q Why is a pressure sensor damaged or malfunctioned?A1. When using with inductive load ( such as relay or solenoid ), please install a flyback diode across the load to remove surge and polarity must be observed or damages to pressure sensor may occur.
2. Before sensor installation or removal, please make sure the power is OFF and pressure in pipe has been released, released to avoid personal injuries, sensor damage or other losses.
3. Please separate the power supply of a variable frequency driver or a motor driver from the pressure power supply to avoid noise affect the pressure sensor normal operation.
4. Do not use corrosive gases or liquids as pressure media.
Q How to improve stability of the pressure sensor？ATo improve stability of the pressure sensor and the whole circuit in general, it is recommended to properly ground the DC power source.